Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm back!

I have been busy with my new Holland Lop rabbits, Dot and Dash which were adopted from the Humane Society in January.  Then this month we adopted Jackson a Alaskan Malmute X puppie.  Needless to say, we have been busy with the new puppy and trying to get the gardening done between snow and rain storms. 


Mr. Dash


 












I have had some success sourcing fabrics, embroidered linens and thrift items for upcycling from my local thrift store.  I completed creating a very cute Tunic from an old sheet using a new Lisette pattern which I just love.  I also found a fantastic old step stool, circa 1950 with old linoleum on the steps.  I also inheritated a 1950's kitchenette with 3 chairs, so will be on the lookout for a fourth chair which eventually will be recovered.  I attending the Honey B's Vintage Home Decor Sale last week and found some great upholstry fabric and barkcloth.
 
I got my etsy site up and running too, thanks Shaan!  There will be vintage clothing as well as upcycled or recycled items for sale.  Check it out at http://www.etsy.com/people/llally?ref=ls_profile


Vintage Kati by Laura Phillips Dress


 This is a great 70's chiffon dress with empire waist that is fully lined.








Vintage Norwegian
Sweater


Cozy Hand Knit Norwegian Cardigan.

I have also sourced many new favorites, old textbooks, vintage barkcloth, embroiderys that will be used in upcoming creations.  I had fun at the Honey B's Vintage Home Decor Sale and will be attending the Farm Chicks Sale in Spokane.  Talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment